Mount Rinjani: Private 3-Day Trekking Adventure to the Summit
Embark on a fully organized private trekking trip to Mount Rinjani, including the Crater Rim, Summit, Segara Anak Lake, and breathtaking panoramas along the trail. This challenging trek is designed for experienced climbers seeking an exhilarating mountain expedition. The itinerary covers Sembalun to Senaru, exploring the Rinjani Summit, Segara Anak Lake, and Rinjani’s Crater Rims over 3 days and 2 nights. Throughout the trek, you’ll only need to carry a small day pack with essential items.
- Conquer Indonesia’s second-highest volcano summit
- Witness the awe-inspiring views of Segara Anak Crater Lake
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of the Segara Anak Crater lake
- Marvel at the ever-changing scenery as you trek through lush tropical forests
Day 1: Senggigi-Sembalun-Sembalun Crater Rim (overnight)
Start your adventure with a morning transfer from your hotel to Sembalun. Register at the Rinjani Information Center in Sembalun Lawang and meet your knowledgeable guide. The trek commences in Sembalun Lawang, passing through picturesque grasslands used for cattle grazing. Rest at Pos 1 Pemantauan (1,300m) before reaching Pos 2 Tengengean (1,500m) offering stunning views of Mount Rinjani’s summit (3,726m). Proceed to Pos 3 Pada Balong (1,800m), where a 3.5-hour climb through the Casuarinas species awaits, accompanied by glimpses of wildlife. Finally, reach the Pelawangan II Sembalun crater rim (2,700m) for overnight camping.
Day 2: Crater Rim – Rinjani Summit – Segara Anak Lake – Crater Rim Senaru
Start early at 3:00 AM for a challenging three-hour ascent to the summit (3,726m). Witness a breathtaking sunrise and admire panoramic views across the Wallace Line to Bali, Mt. Agung, and Sumbawa. After enjoying the scenery, descend to the crater rim campsite for a well-deserved breakfast. Continue your journey to the crater lake, where you can swim, explore caves, and visit the pilgrimage hot springs known for their healing properties. Following lunch, embark on a two-and-a-half-hour climb to Plawangan 1 Senaru Crater Rim (2,461m) for the second night’s camp. Weather permitting, dinner and overnight stay at the crater rim; otherwise, descend for an hour to Cemara Lima.
Day 3: Crater Rim Senaru – Batu Penyesalan – Senaru Village – Senggigi
After breakfast, descend through the enchanting tropical forests, adorned with orchids and the elusive black ebony leaf monkey. Your guide will share fascinating village stories and local legends along the way. Admire the unique Batu Penyesalan stone and the remarkable banyan tree, Bunut Ngengkang. After a seven-hour walk from the rim (or five hours from Pos 3 Mondokon Lolak), reach Rinjani Trek Center in Senaru, where transportation awaits to transfer you to the airport, Senggigi, or Teluk Nara harbor for Gili Islands crossing.
- Round-trip transfers to Rinjani National Park
- Licensed and experienced trekking guide and porter
- Fully equipped camping gear (tents, sleeping mats, sleeping bags, cooking equipment)
- Meals throughout the trek
- Unlimited water consumption during the trek
- Rinjani National Park entrance ticket
What To Bring
Most trekkers will carry a small pack or day pack with personal items such as clothes, toiletries, and photography gear. Keep the gear to a minimum and don’t take anything up the mountain that you don’t have to! During the trek, you will just have to carry your small day pack with essential items such as sunglasses, sunscreen, water, etc. Porters are employed to carry the rest of your gear on the trek. Please keep this to a minimum while on the trek. the following list of items suggested to carry during the Rinjani trek:
- Day pack
- Torch or Flashlight (preferably a head torch)
- Sun block/lotion, hat/cap, sunglasses
- Water bottle
- Personal prescription medications
- Insect repellent
- Waterproof jacket
Recommended to carry for Trekking:
- High-sided trek boots with good ankle support
- Small lightweight / quick-dry towel
- Max 5 T-Shirts
- Max 2 Trek shorts
- Long trek pants / windproof
- Thermal underwear (polypropylene or wool)
- Personal hygiene products
- Photography gears
- Some cash for tipping the guides and porters is recommended, and trekking equipment as a tip is also appreciated
Know Before Go
- Please bring a Face towel, sunglasses, sunscreen, a camera, an extra battery, and some cash for personal needs and tips.
- Food will provide by your Guide & Porters.
- Tips are not included in the price
- Personal expenses such as alcohol drink, etc.
- Items of personal nature such as laundry, postage, alcoholic beverages
- Expenses due to emergency.
- International travel insurance
- Tips and Gratitudes