Discover Mount Rinjani Crater Rim, Summit, and Lake on 3 Days Private Fully Organized trekking Trip.
- Trekking to the second highest volcano summit in Indonesia
- Hike the spectacular views of Segara Anak crater Lake
- Explore the Segara Anak crater lake
- Watch the ever-changing scenery as you trek through tropical forests
This Rinjani trekking package is designed for the real trekker who has experience in mountain climbing/trekking. The participants of this package must be at a good level of fitness and are not recommended for beginners. The trekking starts from Sembalun North of Rinjani and ends in Senaru south of Rinjani. The package will explore the Rinjani Summit, Segara Anak Lake, and Rinjani’s Crater Rims in 3 days 2 nights trekking trip.
Day 1: Senggigi-Sembalun-Sembalun to Sembalun Crater Rim (overnight)
Our guide will pick you up at the hotel lobby at 06.00 AM and then transfer you to Sembalun. Register at the Rinjani Information Center (RIC) in Sembalun Lawang, meet your guide, and arrange National Park entry tickets. Your guide will give you a briefing on the route details, about what local cultural traditions and what you might go for and see during the trekking, and will be explained about rubbish management and safety procedures. The trek starts from Sembalun Lawang with the gentle ascent walking through open grassland used as cattle grazing by local people. Resting at Pos 1 Pemantauan (1,300), after around three hours from Sembalun we reach Pos 2 Tengengean (1,500 m) and enjoy the beautiful views of Mt. Rinjani summit (3,726 m). After another hours ascent to Pos 3 Pada Balong (1,800 m), we start the step 3,5 climb amidst the pine-like Casuarinas species locally known as Cemara, perhaps seeing evidence of wild pigs and the long-tailed grey macaque monkeys to the camp site at Plawangan II Sembalun crater rim (2,700m).
Day 2: Crater Rim – Rinjani Summit – Segara Anak Lake to Crater Rim Senaru
At 03:00 AM starts is necessary for the hard three-hour climb to the summit (3,726 m) on the volcanic screen. Once there, enjoy proud feelings of satisfaction and the amazing sunrise views across the Wallace Line to Bali, Mt. Agung, and Sumbawa, after enjoying the spectacular views down to the campsite. Return down the ridge passing numerous edelweiss plants Bunga Abadi to the crater rim camp for a well-deserved breakfast. After breakfast, proceed to go down to the lake. It takes two to three hours down the steep trail to the crater lake. Enjoy the lake, swim, or explore the caves and pilgrimage hot springs, believed to have healing powers, while our porters prepare your lunch. After the lunch break, leave the lake and climb for two and half hours up to Plawangan 1 Senaru Crater Rim (2,461 m) for day 2’s camp. Dinner and overnight at crater rim if weather permitted or another hour down to Cemara Lima.
Day 3: Crater Rim Senaru – Batu Penyesalan – Senaru Village to Senggigi
After breakfast, descend down the long trail to Senaru village (601 m), through thick tropical forests rich in flora, bird life, and a variety of butterflies. You might see orchids and, if lucky, the rare black ebony leaf monkey, known locally as lutung. Rest stops are taken along the way, with village stories and local legends related by your guide. Features include the Batu Penyesalan stone and banyan tree Bunut Ngengkang which looks like someone standing with their legs apart. After seven hour walk from the rim, (or five hours from Pos 3 Mondokon Lolak), the trek ends at Rinjani Trek Center at the road head in Senaru, where the car is waiting to transfer you to the airport, Senggigi, or Teluk Nara harbor for crossing to Gili Islands.
- Way and return transfer to Rinjani National Park
- Licensed & experienced trekking guide and porter
- Fully supported camping while trekking – tents, sleeping mats, sleeping bags, and cooking equipment
- Meals during Mount Rinjani trekking
- Unlimited water consumption on the trek
- Rinjani National park entrance Ticket
What To Bring
Most trekkers will carry a small pack or day pack with personal items such as clothes, toiletries, and photography gear. Keep the gear to a minimum and don’t take anything up the mountain that you don’t have to! During the trek, you will just have to carry your small day pack with essential items such as sunglasses, sunscreen, water, etc. Porters are employed to carry the rest of your gear on the trek. Please keep this to a minimum while on the trek. the following list of items suggested to carry during the Rinjani trek:
- Day pack
- Torch or Flashlight (preferably a head torch)
- Sun block/lotion, hat/cap, sunglasses
- Water bottle
- Personal prescription medications
- Insect repellent
- Waterproof jacket
Recommended to carry for Trekking:
- High-sided trek boots with good ankle support
- Small lightweight / quick-dry towel
- Max 5 T-Shirts
- Max 2 Trek shorts
- Long trek pants / windproof
- Thermal underwear (polypropylene or wool)
- Personal hygiene products
- Photography gears
- Some cash for tipping the guides and porters is recommended, and trekking equipment as a tip is also appreciated
Know Before Go
- Please bring a Face towel, sunglasses, sunscreen, a camera, an extra battery, and some cash for personal needs and tips.
- Food will provide by your Guide & Porters.
- Tips are not included in the price
- Personal expenses such as alcohol drink, etc.
- Items of personal nature such as laundry, postage, alcoholic beverages
- Expenses due to emergency.
- International travel insurance
- Tips and Gratitudes