Mount Rinjani: 4-Day Trekking Expedition in Lombok, Indonesia
Embark on a thrilling 4-day expedition to Mount Rinjani, uncovering its summit, Segara Anak Lake, Hot Spring, Rinjani Crater Rim, and the Cave.
- Trek to Indonesia’s second-highest volcano summit
- Marvel at the breathtaking views of Segara Anak crater lake
- Explore the captivating Segara Anak crater lake and indulge in the Hot Spring
- Experience awe-inspiring panoramas during the ascent and descent of the Rinjani trail.
This trekking package is designed for all levels of trekkers, whether experienced or beginners. Participants must have a good level of fitness as this Rinjani expedition involves long and strenuous walks or hikes. The journey starts from Sembalun in the north of Rinjani and concludes in Senaru in the south, spanning 4 days and 3 nights. Discover the Rinjani Summit, spend a full day at Segara Anak Crater Lake, and relish the panoramic vistas during the ascent and descent of the Rinjani trail.
Rinjani Trekking Itinerary
Day 1: Hotel-Sembalun Lawang to Pelawangan II (2700m)
Commence your trek from Sembalun Lawang, ascending gently through open grassland and enjoying the beautiful views along the way. Rest at various checkpoints and finally reach the Pelawangan II Sembalun crater rim (2,700m), where you’ll camp for the night.
Day 2: Pelawangan II-Rinjani Summit (3,726m) to Segara Anak Lake (2,000m)
Embark on a challenging early morning climb to the Rinjani summit, relishing the magnificent panoramic view. Descend to the campsite, pass by Edelweiss plants, and enjoy a well-deserved breakfast. Proceed to the crater lake, spend the night there, and indulge in swimming, cave exploration, and the healing hot springs.
Day 3: Segara Anak Lake (2,000m) to Pelawangan I (2,641m)
Enjoy the lake and its surroundings in the morning before hiking up to Plawangan 1 Senaru Crater Rim (2,461m). If weather permits, witness a breathtaking sunset with the Gili Islands and Bali’s Mount Agung as the backdrop. Dinner and overnight stay at the Crater Rim.
Day 4: Pelawangan I (2,641m) to Senaru (601m) – Senggigi / Hotel
Witness the sunrise over Mt. Rinjani and the crater rim before breakfast. Trek through the enchanting jungle canopy, spotting the rare black ebony leaf monkey. Rest stops at Pos 111 and Pos11 provide relief before reaching Senaru. Transfer back to your hotel in the Senggigi area or Teluk Nare boat pier by late afternoon.
- Round-trip transfer to Rinjani National Park
- Licensed and experienced trekking guide and porter
- Full camping support with tents, sleeping mats, sleeping bags, and cooking equipment
- Meals throughout the Mount Rinjani trekking journey
- Unlimited water consumption during the trek
- National Park entrance fee $15 / Head / Day
What To Bring
Most trekkers will carry a small pack or day pack with personal items such as clothes, toiletries, and photography gear. Keep the gear to a minimum and don’t take anything up the mountain that you don’t have to! During the trek, you will just have to carry your small day pack with essential items such as sunglasses, sunscreen, water, etc. Porters are employed to carry the rest of your gear on the trek. Please keep this to a minimum while on the trek. the following list of items suggested to carry during the Rinjani trek:
- Day pack
- Torch or Flashlight (preferably a head torch)
- Sun block/lotion, hat/cap, sunglasses
- Water bottle
- Personal prescription medications
- Insect repellent
- Waterproof jacket
Recommended to carry for Trekking:
- High-sided trek boots with good ankle support
- Small lightweight / quick-dry towel
- Max 5 T-Shirts
- Max 2 Trek shorts
- Long trek pants / windproof
- Thermal underwear (polypropylene or wool)
- Personal hygiene products
- Photography gears
- Some cash for tipping the guides and porters is recommended, and trekking equipment as a tip is also appreciated
Know Before Go
- Please bring: Face towel, sunglasses, sunscreen, a camera, an extra battery, and some cash for personal needs and tips.
- Food will provide by your Guide & Porters.
- Tips are not included in the price.
- This trekking program is suitable for beginner trekkers
- Required a good level of fitness and strong walks
- People with mountain sickness or height phobia are not allowed to join this tour
- Tours can leave any day except weather conditions do not permit
- Tour type; Combination of adventure and leisure
- Personal expenses such as alcohol drink, etc.
- Items of personal nature such as laundry, postage, alcoholic beverages
- Expenses due to emergency.
- International travel insurance
- Tips and Gratitudes