Mount Rinjani 2 Days Trekking to Senaru Crater Rim
Fully Organized 2-Day Private Trekking Package to Mount Rinjani’s Senaru Crater Rim
Embark on an unforgettable journey to the Senaru crater rim of Mount Rinjani with our meticulously planned 2-day private trekking package. Witness breathtaking sunrises, and immerse yourself in the scenic beauty of Segara Anak Lake and Mt. Baru Jari from the Rinjani Crater Rim.
- Trek to the crater rim of Mount Rinjani, the second-highest volcano in Indonesia
- Hike to the spectacular views point of Segara Anak crater lake and Mount Baru Jari
- Enjoy the amazing sunrise and sunset from the crater rim
- Experience awe-inspiring panoramas during the ascent and descent along the Rinjani trail
This trekking package caters to trekkers and climbers of all levels, offering a chance to ascend Rinjani to the Senaru or Sembalun crater rim, where you can marvel at the captivating Crater Lake, enjoy stunning summit views, and witness glorious sunrises and sunsets. Suitable for beginners, this 2-day, 1-night adventure promises an exceptional trekking experience in one of Southeast Asia’s premier ecotourism destinations. Our fully organized package ensures a perfect blend of leisure, safety, adventure, and eco-tourism. Both individual and group bookings are available upon request.
Rinjani Trekking Itinerary
Day 1. Hotel – Base Camp I, II & III – Senaru Crater Rim
Your journey begins with a 6 am pickup from your hotel in an air-conditioned vehicle, followed by a scenic drive to Senaru (601m). Arriving at Senaru village around 8 am, a quick light breakfast awaits you. After registering at the park ranger’s office, the trek commences at 8:45 am. The initial hours involve a gradual climb through a dense tropical forest teeming with flora, birdlife, and vibrant butterflies. Keep an eye out for orchids, the long-tailed grey macaque monkey known as Kera, and if fortunate, the rare black ebony leaf monkey called Lutung. Along the trek, you may encounter forest-dwelling Rusa (deer) and the barking deer or Kijang, recognizable by its dog-like bark. Rest stops offer opportunities to soak in the surroundings and at Pos 2 Montong Satas shelter (1,500m), your guide will share village stories and local legends. Notable features include the Banyan tree Bunut Ngengkang, resembling a person with their legs apart, and the Batu Penyesalan stone. Depending on preference and weather conditions, night camps are set either in the forest at post 3 Mondokan Lolak (2,000m) after a five-hour climb from Senaru, or continue ascending for a couple more hours through grassy meadows to Pelawangan 1 Senaru crater rim (2,641m). From the crater rim, enjoy sweeping views of Segara Anak Lake (2,000m) and the summit of Mt. Rinjani. Within the crater, the active Mt. Baru Jari (2,351m) stands, its last dramatic eruption occurring in 1994. On clear evenings, the Gili Isles, Bali, and Mt. Agung can be observed to the west.
Day 2. Senaru Crater Rim – Base Cam III-II & I- Senaru – Senggigi
Awake at an appropriate time, and your guide will lead you on a 30-minute morning walk to the crater rim, granting you a cherished moment to witness the sunrise—a remarkable highlight of day 2. The crater rim offers a scenic spectacle of Segara Anak Lake, Mt. Baru Jari, and the surrounding landscapes. After savoring the view, descend to Cemara 5 for a well-prepared breakfast. Once energized, continue the descent to Senaru village, traversing grasslands and returning to the refreshing shade of the tropical forest. Approximately seven hours from the rim, the trek concludes at the Rinjani Trek Centre at the Senaru road head, where our private car awaits to transfer you back to your hotel.
- Round-trip transfer to Rinjani National Park
- Licensed and experienced trekking guides and porters
- Comprehensive camping support, including tents, sleeping mats, sleeping bags, and cooking equipment
- Meals throughout the Mount Rinjani trekking experience (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Unlimited water consumption during the trek
- National Park entrance fee $ 15/Head/Day
What To Bring
Most trekkers will carry a small pack or day pack with personal items such as clothes, toiletries, and photography gear. Keep the gear to a minimum and don’t take anything up the mountain that you don’t have to! During the trek, you will just have to carry your small day pack with essential items such as sunglasses, sunscreen, water, etc. Porters are employed to carry the rest of your gear on the trek. Please keep this to a minimum while on the trek. the following list of items suggested to carry during the Rinjani trek:
- Day pack
- Torch or Flashlight (preferably a head torch)
- Sun block/lotion, hat/cap, sunglasses
- Water bottle
- Personal prescription medications
- Insect repellent
- Waterproof jacket
Recommended to carry for Trekking:
- High-sided trek boots with good ankle support
- Small lightweight / quick-dry towel
- Max 5 T-Shirts
- Max 2 Trek shorts
- Long trek pants / windproof
- Thermal underwear (polypropylene or wool)
- Personal hygiene products
- Photography gears
- Some cash for tipping the guides and porters are recommended, and trekking equipment as a tip is also appreciated.
Know Before Go
- Please bring: Face towel, sunglasses, sunscreen, a camera, an extra battery, and some cash for personal needs and tips.
- Food will serve by your Guide & Porters.
- Tips are not included in the price.
- This trekking program is suitable for beginner trekkers
- The participants must be in good condition, at a good level of fitness, and also has strong walks.
- A person with mountain sickness or height phobia is not allowed to join this tour.
- Tours can leave any day except weather conditions do not permit.
- Tour type; Combination of adventure and leisure
- Personal expenses such as alcohol drink, etc.
- Items of personal nature such as laundry, postage, alcoholic beverages
- Expenses due to emergency.
- International travel insurance
- Tips and Gratitudes