Embark on a Lombok day trip to discover the intriguing sights of the island, featuring elaborate art and architecture that reveal the rich local culture and wisdom. Enjoy a delightful long curvy stretch of beach, surrounded by green hills and bordered by the enchanting sea that reflects a thousand shades of blue and magnificent white sands beaches.
- Witness and try your hand at hand weaving at Sukarare village, where the locals display their artistic prowess in processing traditional Sasak cloth. Get a chance to dress up in the traditional attire, and marvel at the intricate crafting techniques involved.
- Visit the Banyumulek Pottery Village, where a row of art shops in front of the residents’ homes exhibit pottery decorations made of woven rattan. Watch the locals make pottery from mountain clay in the traditional way using the combustion technique of “Tenunuq Lendang” or burning in the middle of the garden pottery. You can experience the process firsthand by making your own art guided by the locals, and bring your creation home as a souvenir.
Head to the traditional morning market, where locals buy and sell their daily necessities, and sample fresh fruit and local products.
- Explore The Sasak Village and House of Rambitan, where the villagers preserve the traditional architecture of the house according to the cosmology of Mount Rinjani, and maintain the weaving tradition as a heritage of their ancestors. The house features dried grass roofs, wooden frames, and bamboo walls, while the floor is made of clay, periodically polished with cow dung, which amazingly does not emit any odor.
- Capture a photo of the Mandalika street circuit, and revel in the natural beauty of the Kuta Mandalika and Tanjung Aan beaches, with their green hills as the backdrop, and the enchanting sea as the foreground. Play around and soak up the sun on the magnificent white sand beaches.
Day Trip Itinerary
The day trip itinerary begins with a hotel lobby pick-up at 8:00 am, followed by a visit to the Banyumulek Pottery village. Here, you will see a row of art shops in front of the home’s residents, and witness the locals making pottery from mountain clay using the combustion technique of “Tenunuq Lendang”. Experience the process yourself by making your own art guided by the locals as your parcel to bring home.
Next, head to the traditional morning market where locals sell and buy their daily needs, and sample fresh fruit and local products. From there, visit Sukarare, the traditional hand-weaving village, to see the complicated crafting techniques of processing traditional Sasak cloth. Try your hand at weaving and dressing in traditional attire.
The tour then continues to the Sasak Village and House of Rambitan, where the villagers still maintain the traditional architecture of the house according to the cosmology of Mount Rinjani and the tradition of weaving as a heritage of their ancestors. The house is made from dried grass roofs, wooden frames, and bamboo walls, and the floor is made from clay and periodically polished with cow dung, but amazingly there is no smell of cow dung on the dry floor.
After enjoying the native village, you will visit two gorgeous stretches of beaches – Kuta Mandalika and Tanjung Aan – which are surrounded by green hills and bordered by the enchanting sea that reflects a thousand shades of blue and magnificent white sands beaches.
Once done with the beaches, the Lombok culture tour will conclude with a drive back to the hotel.
- Hotel Pick up
- Ac coach
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fee
- Local guide
- Parking fee
- Drinking water & Refreshments
What To Bring
- Swim Suit
- Credit card
- Comfortable clothes
- Smartphone Charger
Know Before Go
- Please bring Towel, sunglasses, sunscreen, a camera, an extra battery, and some cash for personal needs and tips.
- Food will not be provided.
- Tips are not included in the price.
- Hotel picks up available in the following area Senggigi, Mangsit, Tanjung, And Mataram Area. For other locations will be an additional surcharge.
- You should bring some cash, and a change of clothing (if you wish to swim on the beach)
- Personal expenses
- Tour & activities do not mention in the description
- Tips & Gratuities