Sumatra Orangutan and Jungle Trekking
- Hunting the critically endangered Sumatran Orangutan in its natural habitat by your camera.
- Visit pristine rain-forest in search of the amazing orangutan.
- Help bathe Elephants and walk with them.
- Trek through beautiful primary forest and see thomas leaf monkeys, pig tail and long tail macaque, monitor lizards, gibbons, and more.
- Part of your expedition cost is directly donated to save these wonderful creatures.
- Spend two nights at two different jungle camps, enjoying meals expertly prepared by our guides.
Gunung Leuser National Park is a large national park covering up to 1 million hectares in Northern Sumatra Indonesia. The park houses the largest population of Sumatran Orangutans and the riches tropical rain-forest in Southeast Asia, includes in the park home to an enormous population of the other wildlife such as Thomas leaf monkey, long tail macaque, gibbons, horn bills, and more. We will take you to discover The National Park at Fun adventure Jungle trip on 8 Days trip to exploring deeper into the tropical rain-forest and see the unique vegetation of this region. On this trip you will accommodate in mix both basic guest houses, hotels and tents. During the trip you will accompany by our experience local guide.
Choose Your Trip Date
Day 1: Arrival Jakarta / Bali
Airport Pick up and Transferred to your overnight accommodation. Free at your own leisure time.
Day 2: Flight To Kuala Namu Airport Medan - Tangkahan
Airport pick upon arrival then transferred you to Tangkahan. Tangkahan known for it Elephant Safaris ride and awesome jungle scenery. We will stay overnight at echo Travel Cottage / Mega Inn. After Lunch enjoy the river walk through the Waterfall with awesome scenery around then back to hotel.
Day 3: Elephant Safari Experience
Today after breakfast we will head off to Elephant rangers station, and having experience the Elephant ride sensation after you feed and helping the rangers bathe the Elephants, your ride will end up at your accommodation. We will stay overnight at Bukit Lawang, In the afternoon we will visit the Orangutan feeding station and get close with the Orangutan, hopefully can see the local Orangutans. After Dinner we will have a meeting service with your guide ( brief and Plan ) also preparation for your trekking on next day.
Day 4: Gunung Leuser Jungle Trekking
This morning you will start your 3 days jungle trekking at Gunung Leuser National Park. we will head and cross into Bohorok river, on way of your trek we will see Orangutan, Pigtail macaque, gibbons, lizard, turtles, hornbills and more Flora and Fauna. We will stay over night in Tent close by the Bohorok River. (B, L, D )
Day 5: Gunung Leuser Jungle Trekking
Today like a Bob Marley Song, you will awake with the Birds singing accompany by sounds of Jungle. Enjoy your Guide skills to prepare your meals for breakfast. We continue our trek into Gunung Leuser national park to hunting more wild life along the trek trail by your camera and see more Orangutans, along the trek your guide will inform you about various plants that are useful for human as traditional medicine as well as plants can not consumed by humans. Will stay over night in tent at second bace camping area.
Day 6: Gunung Leuser Jungle Trekking - Bukit Lawang
Today we will finalise our Jungle trekking trip at Gunung Leuser National park and heading to Bukit Lawang. Stay over night at Bukit Lawang and free at your leisure time.
Day 7: Bukit Lawang - Medan
Enjoy Bukit Lawang and surrounding at your free leisure time, We will drive to Medan to having a city sight seeing in the afternoon with its history. Stay overnight at Medan city. ( B )
Day 8: Departure
After breakfast or according to your flight time we will escorting you to Kualanamu Airport for your next destinations. Trip Conclude.
Jakarta / Bali Airport
Kualanamu Airport ( Medan )
- Domestic airfares
- Accommodation in Bali / Jakarta (twin share – single supplement available)
- Accommodation Tangkahan, Bukit Lawang and Medan (twin share)
- Meals as noted in the intinerary (B,L,D)
- National park fees
- Tent and camping equipment
- Airport transfers
- Experienced local guide
- Donation for orangutan
- International airfares and any expenses due to flight delays or cancellation
- Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses – alcohol, laundry, phone calls
What To Bring
- Small Size of Luggage
- Sweater / Jacket
- Sun Screen
- Hat and Sun Glasses
- Trekking Shoes (sport shoes)
- Towel and change of clothes
- Swimming suit
- Camera or Handy cam, Extra Films, Extra Replacement batteries for Camera
- Cash Money for Personal Expenses
- Food, Beverage, and others item that you need it during the trip
+62 370 693005
Lombok General Information
About Lombok | Geting To Lombok | Lombok Attractions & Activities | Lombok Event & Festival | Travel Tips | Lombok International Airport | Bau Nyale Festival | Nyepi/Silent Day | Visa & Documentation | Ramadan In Lombok | Mount Rinjani News | Indonesia Diving Show | Accommodations in Lombok | Mt. Rinjani Global Geo Park